LIFE BIOTHOP reaches its last year of life and the Consortium results stand out during the final stages of the project. In this context, Tecnopackaging’s headquarters hosted the 7th SC Meeting, which took place in June 2022.
Around 50,000 tons of hops are produced in Europe, on an area of about 26,500 hectares. In this sense, the BiotHOP project's main objective is to promote the circular economy and increase the optimization of agricultural resources, allowing the recycling of hop waste, transforming it into new products.
- The European Project E-DDIBIORESIN, in which TECNOPACKAGING collaborates with other 3 partners from Spain and Portugal is funded by the European Commission with more than one million Euros.
- A new material will be developed, combining resin extracted from pine trees and bioplastics to manufacture 100% biodegradable lightweight bags for fruits and vegetables and semirigid trays for fresh fish and meat. The target is to reduce the single- use- plastics environmental issue
- The research is part of the European MADRAS project which will enable mass production of this type of electronics, known as OLAE, for accelerated time-tomarket.
- Seen as a viable alternative to conventional electronics, OLAE devices include organic electronics printed on flexible surfaces such as plastic or paper.
- Their applications range from producing smart packaging, roll-up displays and flexible solar cells to single-use diagnostic devices and printed batteries along with other innovations.
15 partners from 7 EU countries will work together to transform waste from the poultry industry into bio-based products for agricultural applications.